Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Menlo Park Daily News of Silicon Valley

The Palo Alto Daily News, a longtime favorite of NOE, is leaving Palo Alto.

I'll be sad to see them go. As most readers know, I've had a longstanding grudge against the Daily News ever since their slanted coverage of the 2004 Scott Roche Invitational water polo tournament. However, media diversity is generally a good thing, and the Daily's been a source of so much good material.

Unsurprisingly, I can't find a single mention of this on the Mercury Web site. Here's the Daily's announcement. Talk about burying the lead.

I was going to say something snide about covering Palo Alto without having an office there (which is actually not too uncommon with small local weeklies). Then I realized that might be slightly hypocritical considering I live in L.A. and have a blog dedicated to Mountain View and Los Altos news.

No comments: