Monday, August 27, 2007

The one thing they have in common is that they both belong in jail

Hooray!

Looks like two to three years was enough. Certainly, I can't imagine how much more damage my former boss would be able to do anyway. He'd already managed to undermine the Geneva Conventions, politicize the Justice Department, and even make John Ashcroft look good.

Cable news is splitting their morning coverage between Fredo's resignation and Michael Vick's guilty plea. I have not watched cable news for months, and had forgotten how vapid it is. CNN twice referred to Bush's "stubborn Texas cowboy streak," apparently forgetting the man is from Connecticut. It also quoted Senator John Cornyn -- another Texas Republican -- to the effect that no evidence existed that any U.S. Attorneys lost their jobs for political reasons, and then failed to point to mountains of evidence.

3 comments:

BigDra said...

Don Frances did all that! I mean, I know he hates the Geneva Convention and all, but wow. That is the former boss you are referring to, right...?

Mike Laursen said...

Second that, "hooray!" If I understand correctly, Bush has used up his entire pool of Texas cronies.

Nemesis of Evil said...

Don and I never talked about the Geneva Conventions. Interestingly enough, however, he did use to be called "Turd Blossom."