Sunday, June 01, 2008

A skull-cracking analysis of what ails the Mercury News

After trying and failing to explain to a confused out-of-town guest why the news section of the Saturday's San Francisco Chronicle consisted of only eight pages, I sat down this morning to thumb through a hard copy of the Merc for the first time since I got home two weeks ago. My mom took the front and my dad took the "local," leaving me with sports. A teaser on the front page of the section read:
"The Giants' young lineup did not score till the ninth inning."
There are far better reasons to mock the Merc, but none that require so little work on my part.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

btw, you guys look hot!

Kathy Schrenk said...

Ahh, college. Sorority chicks and Natural Ice.

Edward K Janowsky said...

You are correct. All pictured (aged 28, 26, 26, 25) in this photo are still in school.