Which minorities could they mean? Children of people who think Toni Casey ought to hold elected office? Gypsies?
As a sidenote, BCS board president Ken Moore cites Bullis's historical efforts to serve rich neighborhoods as a reason to let it continue to do so. Aside from the fact that appeals to tradition tend to be logical fallacies, Bullis has been around for fewer than 3.5 years. By comparison:
- This blog has been around for 2.1 years
- The Red Sox have been officially better than the Yankees for 3.2 years
- The Navy has been promising to have a final proposal on Hangar One for 3.5 years
- Major combat operations in Iraq have been over for 4.6 years
- And the "tradition" of private individuals illegally trying to reserve portions of the public-right-of-way for themselves in advance of the Festival of Lights parade has been around for 9 years